Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Games

The babies in the small cage - Bobbie Jo & Ulysses' first clutch of five plus Ginger's last baby.



So this morning, after feeding, I was sitting at my work table in the kitchen, eating my Pop Tarts, drinking my goat milk & reading an old Piecework magazine. I happened to look up and noticed the babies clustered together. Curious, I watched, then started laughing.




Someone had lost a tail feather and they were all playing Keep Away, a cockatial baby's favorite game. One baby would get a good grip on the feather and try to fight his/her way out of the crowd. If s/he succeeded, they'd run to a corner and chew madly, while everyone else ran behind them, trying to get the feather. The next one to grab it would repeat the performance - grab, duck and run.


Cheep amusement.

No comments:

Post a Comment